Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It Takes Two...

You know how they say it takes two to tango? Well, it also takes two to salsa. That means each dancer has to do his or her part in order to create a pleasant and successful dance experience.

I visited the Josie Neglia Dance Academy in Los Angeles this weekend and spoke with salsa instructor William Carpenter. He's only 19, but he's been teaching for four-and-a-half years and dancing for six. He has also participated in the World Salsa Championships.

I asked him what it is exactly that makes a good leader and a good follower. This is what he said:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jessica - it was great to see you at the studio on Saturday... thank you for taking the interest. William is a great teacher, I have learned a lot from him in the four months that I have been taking classes. It's great you showing us more options to participate and meet new people while learning to dance.
Christine

Nette said...

"Miss Jeanette"-
Wow you look like you really "know your stuff"! JK You have come so far and I am very proud of you! I will see you soon on the salsa circut!